Sunday, May 18, 2014

Another Nice Day... In a Different Way

I was reading my Little White Book this morning and found out that today is the feast day of Infant Jesus of Prague. Last week or so, I took home a novena prayer card in his honor from church, along with the usual Sunday bulletin and other flyers, like what every typical Catholic does on Sundays. We collect them, read them, then throw them away. Well, today I saw the prayer card on the coffee table. Both had a short history of the Infant Jesus of Prague and I got to read it twice on the same day, on his feast day! It may mean nothing, really, just pure coincidence, but is it, really? 

Remember what I always said when a thing or a situation or the like repeats itself? First time, it maybe unevenful. But when it happens again, it's telling us something, and we don't want to miss on anything it might represent, big or small. Remember, God whispers.

I decided to do a 9-hour novena which I haven't done for ages. I mean, seriously, ages, eons!! No particular intention, no specific desire, nothing. Just thought to "call", wow, someone I haven't "talked" to for a long long time. But as I kept doing it every hour for 9 hours, it was like chatting with an old friend - our relationship rekindled! And the day kept turning to be more and more fun.

I treated myself to Sunday lunch at the Dragon Well, bought a cozy throw from Warm Things for Norman. I also bought flowers, remembering later it was my parents' wedding anniversary, May 18.

Nothing seemingly significant. Yet it was another nice day, but in a different sense. The other day, things were happening and I was involved. Today, something different happened and I was a witness. TIME happened, or should I say, something happened to time. It went timeless... It didn't go fast like when "time flies when you're having fun". It wasn't slow, either, that you'd get bored. Time went by timelessly. Spontaneous, it simply flowed. Timeless, it was... is.

Time was Is.


Another nice day, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment