Monday, May 5, 2014

Where's WIFI 'Round Here?!

I've been here in Manila for 3 weeks now and I thought I'd catch up with my blog but to my dismay, it's not easy getting wifi around here. Darn! Been to my family's homes, at the Shang, the Fort, Starbucks, restaurants, etc., and thought everybody would have access to the Internet but, it's either there's no wifi or access is too slow, it's frustrating. You can just forget about it. Really, forget it. Simply, forget!


So back to the old-fashioned way - making drafts, taking down notes.

So where do I begin?

I left SFO March 3 and arrived MNL  March 5. First day of my arrival is always a rest/sleep day whether I can sleep or not.

March 6, Loudette's Surprise 40th Brthday Party! 
Loudette is one of my favorite people in the world. She's my niece. Of course, blood is thicker than ketchup, but that's not why she's a favorite of mine. A classy lady, true fashionista, super jetsetter, a great wife, remarkable mother, she's an all-together woman. I' m so proud of her, that's why I always time my trip to MNL on or before her birthday and, of course, my mother's birthday on March 9. 

March 9, Mother's 98!

March 27, HOT HOT HOT  TODAY!!! 
Excruciatingly hot! How many times I've taken showers! I can't accomplish anything, can't sleep either - Nothing! There's a book called "The Art of Doing Nothing" but in this case, it's not an art, it's a waste of time and energy.

March 28 Malaysian Airlines Flight 370

Unbelievable! Whatever happened to it? Where is it? It's now 20 days since the plane disappeared and there's still no trace of its whereabouts. So many theories - mechanical problems, pilots, human errors, hijacking, terrorism- but until discovered, MH Fl 370 remains a mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment