Friday, November 1, 2013

Time Off Again

Another time off together for Norman and me so after a few errands, we went to Fisherman's Wharf! Reminded us of our Alaska cruise, in one of the ports there, is that Ketchikan? Except that this is our own port, right in our own backyard, San Francisco, what better place! We went to Boudin where we brought my brother, Nandy, and wife, Lut, on their trip here last summer, meeting our family friend, Elsa. Enjoyed some Fresh Oysters Rockefeller, Crab and Corn Bisque on bread bowl for appetizers, Mushroom Risotto and Dungeness Crab Sandwich for dinner. Plenty of 'em, I tell ya! (Gosh, I forgot to take pictures! You know how we used to pray before meals? Now people take pictures of them, "Look, Lord!", then instantly put on the internet for the whole world to see!... And I forgot to take pictures of our rich, sumptuous food! Oh, well...)

Then on Ghirardelli(this time I remembered to take a picture. Well, how can you miss when it's all lit up like that!), for a hot chocolate drink and a chocolate cookie Norman and I shared. I bypassed several Starbucks at the wharf for a change, a momentary change, mind you.

Decadent, rich... pure indulgence! Gratifying! Yes. Grateful? Well...

A long climbing walk home to burn some calories after that.

Grateful? YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment