Monday, July 15, 2013

Time by the Bay

Just what I needed for relaxation and then some...


My friend, Maria or Beth, as she's called at work, invited me to her company's summer outing with a Horn Blower ride by Marina Berkeley yesterday, and as sleepless as I was the night before, overwhelmed by so many music projects up coming and too soon, I think, (I shouldn't complain, really!), I didn't want to miss the occasion. I love the seas, the wind, fresh air, and just being timeless in time... on planet earth, anyway.
And sure, enough, it's what I needed most to get my mind off so many things right now. And guess what, I thought we'd just go 'round the Berkeley Marina, but more, we were treated to a joyride to San Francisco Bay where dig this, the AMERICA'S CUP was going on! Just what I wanted to see live! OMG, that was special! With guide, Kevin Riley, right on the boat with us who was very knowledgeable about the race, he gave as a simultaneous account of what was going on - Whew! With all so many yachts, sailboats watching, ferry boats coming and going, to tell you the truth, I wouldn't even be able to spot which sailboats were in competition till Kevin would point to us - What a treat, I tell ya! Thanks, Kevin.
The food was delicious, they had games to entertain the staff, and a great DJ who could sing like the real artists whose music he played. Yea, you thought it was cds, records playing, but it was he singing to minus-ones. If you didn't look at him, you just thought it was a cd, but when he stopped singing, it was all instrumental! Amazing! I thought he was a Filipino 'cause you know that Filipinos are the greatest copy cats in the world. He's not, and that's how great he was! (What's his name?!)


Looking back, wow, what a treat, what a day! Thanks, Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment