Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Power of Advertising

I was walking the streets today and there were little words here, messages there, that got my attention. Advertisements, in other words. Wherever we go, wherever we look, we see them. Some may seem unnoticeable outwardly, but subconsciously or unconsciously, they do something to us - they trigger our minds, our emotions, our bodies! See what happens -
HELLO SUMMER (Jurlique) - Picture Summer... What's not to like?

HEY SUGAR (Sift) - Sugar ain't good, but "Dessert, anyone?", why not?!

From skin care, clothes, food, drinks, cars, houses, anything, everything you can think of, advertisements are everywhere! They may mean nothing initially, but sooner or later, they get us! They get us to pull out our wallets and before we know it, we're buying their products or services. Perhaps, just to try them, we rationalize. Nevertheless, we  buy 'em... or we already bought 'em.

Some of the best commercials come from NFL Super Bowl on TV. You need not even go out! They get us right in the comforts of our home. Believe me, I can miss a play here and there, but I can't miss those commercials. They're so hyped-up! And guess what we have while watching the game - potato chips, Coke, Pepsi, what else? All the ads we've seen on TV! We needn't go out! We had already gone to the markets to buy them before the show. Believe me, I don't really go for these snacks, but on a game like Super Bowl, I'll even try a beer - Budlight, Budwieser, Heineke, whoever gets the better of me!!

The power of advertising, I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment