Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Orchid Story


There were some beautiful orchids I saw at Whole Foods Market the other day and I wanted Norman to buy me one, but since we were just walking, I thought it was a little too bulky to carry. Just a wish! I didn't tell him. The following night, someone gave him this beautiful orchid plant at our piano store and, of course, he gave it to me. I got my wish - Coincidence?

Why is it that some dreams, wishes and such come to pass fast? While others take so long to come true?

Did you notice that our desires, dreams, wishes, prayers, thoughts or what ever you call them that get fulfilled the fastest are those we are most detached from? We've all experienced that, like when we casually talk about someone, simply mentioning his or her name, "Speaking of the devil!", and suddenly, he or she appears. Or you think of a flower, and out of the blue, someone passes by carrying a bouquet of roses and perhaps, seeing you smile, gives it to you... yes, you, for no particular reason. Or a fruit and, voila! a basket of fruits in front of your very eyes, and on and on and on - Isn't that true, a million instances like that!

How does that happen? Perhaps, it's because we allow the universe to unfold our desires in its time rather than we pursuing them. Simply, non-attachment, thus, everything is effortless, and though seemingly magical, it's simply natural as it should be. I can't think of a better explanation.

As Neale Donald Walsh puts it beautifully -
Do not wonder why things are "taking so long." In fact, everything is rolling out exactly as it needs to, using not a minute more than Perfection requires. Rest easy and be at peace. Life is working its magic even as you take your very next breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment