Saturday, April 6, 2013

Talk About.... Dubai

Our group from Holy Land had a 6-hour layover at Dubai international Airport but didn't have a chance to go around the city since we arrived very late at night. So we just stayed inside, hanging out, shopping, eating, chatting, resting, whatever. Dubai Int'l Airport is magnificent! Yet, the Filipinos who work there said that the airport is old and that the new one is humongous!

One particular advertisement on billboards highly visible at Dubai International Airport says -
IF IT DOESN'T SAY ARAB, IT'S NOT A BANK.

WHOA!! Witty, ostentatious, and definitely Dubai, ultimately Arab - love it!

My nephew, Mon, said that Dubai has a new 7-star hotel?! I thought the highest rating was a 5-star! Now, is that hotel made of gold?! There's a 6-star hotel in Manila, MAXIM, at the World Resorts by the bay. From the outside, honestly, I don't see much difference between that and the 5-star Marriott Hotel right beside it. It must be the rooms.

Well, someday I'll go to Dubai and see for myself the splendor of the city! I tell ya, it's one freaking oily, filthy rich hell of a place, it's scary! And that 7- or 8-star hotel, it better be super-luxurious 'cause I was born to be served!

Let's see if that scares 'em, too... you know that's a joke, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment