Sunday, November 4, 2012

... And the Helpless Hopeless Sleepless

Here's the Insomniac's Night Prayer on the Eve When We Change Our Clocks -

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake
I pray the Lord my...........
Now wait a minute, Lord
Before I wake, please let me fall asleep first
And as we fall back to standard time
and spring forward for daylight saving time
And we fall back tonight
Please give me that extra hour to fall into a deep deep sleep
An extra hour to get my beauty rest
I just need that extra hour to make up for all my sleepless nights
Just that extra hour to be fresh and energized tomorrow when I wake up
Thank you, Lord, thank you...
If I should die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take. Amen.

Goodnight, Lord, goodnight... Thank you.


...........40, 41, 42..........103, 104,................434, 435, 436, 437............... I can't believe I'm still counting sheep........998, 999....... Wow, an extra hour to count more sheep.............1035,....... 

God damn, what's so good 'bout the morning?!@#$%^

No comments:

Post a Comment