Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Lost and Found!

Lovely!


I found my old pair of glasses!! Or should I say it showed up this morning. In my cupboard - Believe it or not! I really thought I had lost it, but I was stacking my cabinet with Ayurvedic herbal teas, Amrit Kalash, etc., when voila... There they were!!
There's more to it than that...

When I lost my eyeglasses about 2-3 weeks ago, somehow, it felt strange! It felt unusual that it wasn't where I put it - on the coffee table. I remember stooping down to put them there, and they weren 't there! Yes, I've misplaced my eyeglasses so many times before. And yes, it's difficult when you lose them 'cause they're exactly what you need when you're looking for something. Right. I know. And, usually, when I misplace something and then find it later in a different place, I'd remember what I had done that my stuff landed someplace else. This time, I knew I.didn't.put.them.there! So I don't know how my glasses got there! It felt different, strange, as I said. I remember that as soon as I realized my eyeglasses were not on the table, immediately, I traced back every step along the way - where I went, what I did, what time, how long it took from point A to B, and so on and on... And it couldn't have been where I found them today - inside one of the cabinets!

Again, there's more to it than that...

Norman lost his house keys in the house several months ago - almost instantly, too! He was coming up the stairs and as soon as he got upstairs, he lost them! His keys disappeared?! How'd that happen?! In a flash, his keys were gone! He could not have lost them outside. He used the keys to get inside the house! So from the door, then going upstairs, how long does it take to go upstairs, his keys disappeared?!

That was the same experience with my eyeglasses - instantly very unusual, very out of the ordinary! Not the usual pause and reflect, "Where'd I put them?"

It was a totally different feeling. I had just come home from church, went to the living room, took my eyeglasses off and put them on the coffee table, removed my jacket and put it on the hallway, went to the kitchen and put down my stuff I bought at Walgreens, went back to the living room, turned the TV on, then reached for my glasses to finally watch TV, and they were gone?! The whole sequence didn't take long. No, I didn't drop them somewhere else. They just disappeared - from the coffee table! I checked for my keys, cell phone, in case it was them that I put on the table instead of my glasses. Nope, they weren't there. I know it was my glasses I bent over to put down on the table. Unbelievable! As soon as I realized they were not there, my next step was to look for them inside my jacket pocket. I checked the stairs again just in case they fell from my pocket. They weren't there, either. So I traced back my steps from my Sunday mass to Walgreens to home. I couldn't have possibly lost them outside the house since I was wearing them coming home, going up the stairs, then putting them down on the coffee table.

Somehow, both Norman and I felt the same way about the incidents - perhaps, there are Spirits "playing" with us in the house?? Hmmmm... Who knows. He has had the same experience before somewhere else. Hopefully, whoever, whatever they are, they're good, happy ones!

I found my eyeglasses in a most unlikely place at home. And when I found them, it was as if they were finally placed there by the "Powers that be" for me to see.

I can't believe I found them! Of course, they're old now 'cause I've just gotten a new pair.

How cool is that!!

Maybe, I really needed a new one. If I had found my old pair earlier, I probably would not have bothered to get a new prescription which I really need now. Must be Nature's way to delay things to get me a new one first! It was almost 3 weeks that I had lost them.

Norman have yet to see his keys reappear. Hope the Spirits give them back.


Have you ever had experiences like that, things you simply can't explain?

No comments:

Post a Comment