Monday, January 13, 2014

When Nature Beckons...

I woke up this morning not feeling good. Body aching, I wasn't sure if I was coming down with the flu, God forbid, and what a serious flu season this is, too. First of all, my right arm has been aching almost a week now, muscles, it feels like. At first, I thought I must've strained myself at the gym. But this morning, I just didn't feel good. Period. And with overwhelming stress at work, (such a toxic environment!), nothing felt right. I just wanted to lie down and rest, but it was so cold inside the house I had to go out for a walk. I figured the sun would warm me up and I'd feel better. So I decided to go to Japan Center, walked around the Peace Plaza, and guess what got my attention - a window display from a small bookstore.

Nature simply has a way of calling us. Surely, God works in mysterious ways. I went inside and simply enjoyed the quiet ambiance, the wisdom with all its spiritual, esoteric, inspirational books. I ended up buying Dalai Lama's, The Art of Happiness, and Lao Tzu's Tao Teh Ching. I had a nice chat with the store manager. Telling her what I was feeling before seeing the store, I said that no matter how we struggle in life, things always fall into place. And guess what she said,"That's exactly what the Tao says," pointing at the book I was just about to put on the cashier's desk... I felt better immediately.

Nature nurtures. When it beckons us, we just know. It fills us up naturally... with Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment