Wednesday, February 18, 2015

ASH WEDNESDAY

I'm so glad I remembered today was Ash Wednesday, not a day or two later. Always good to remember a special day on the day itself. I was able to go to church not just for mass but especially the ash service. It was what I went to church for - "Remember, Man is dust, and unto dust, you shall return."

Nice way to start the Lenten season. Got myself Father Robert Barron's book, LENT REFLECTIONS, also available on-line, to keep me company. There's also a link I'm following this Lent called IGNITING OUR VALUES, a Jesuit/Ignatian Pilgrimage for Lent 2015. It's beautiful. Both programs on prayers and reflections are inspiring. Join me on this journey and let's have some quiet time together. It helps amidst all the everyday chaos in life.

In addition, here's a story of our beloved Pope Francis' Ash Wednesday walk in procession between Rome churches. Everybody loves our new Pope!

No comments:

Post a Comment