Sunday, January 18, 2015

On God and Buddha

Last night, I watched BUDDHA on PBS, and wow, what a way to end a night, easy, calming, especially having been almost sleepless the night before.

And right now, there's a marathon of Joseph Campbell and Bill Moyers on PBS again and just now, Bill asked, "Do you believe in a personal God?"

Campbell said no because he claims if you do, what's the value of faith?

The universe, or however else we call God, is impersonal to me.  But there's a personal God. And I believe in a personal God. I do. In Jesus, God the Son, the closest we have, the most human, to be closest to God, the Father, and God, the Holy Spirit. Thank God for that! With it, I don't need faith. I just know. And on circumstances that arise that need faith, I'm up close and personal with Jesus... and there's Mother Mary. What a plus! Yes, I believe.

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
Before you were born I set you apart, says the Lord.
                                                                        Jer. 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment