Friday, October 25, 2013

Damn, I'm Happy!

Today I woke up feeling happy, alive, and just plain happy! I was even laughing and giggling by myself sometimes, what am I crazy?! But I was just happy, I don't know why. Is it in the stars? Had a happy positive attitude, not that I even chose to. Simply, I was happy. Period.

I walked around the park, saw lil' children coming up the stairs with their teachers, and I was utterly captivated by them. I should have captured that moment with my camera but even that, I forgot because I was simply enjoying them, their innocence, their purity, their wholesomeness.

Then as I walked down the street, I heard a couple chatting. Apparently, the man was going through difficulties at present. And he said he was trying to look at it from different angles"... how can I look at this situation from another perspective?"
I was impressed. Even the lady he was with was complimenting him on how he was handling his struggles. He wasn't complaining nor giving up, just analyzing. Quite impressive!

Incidents like these, a word or two we hear from conversations passing by, little children walking by, may mean nothing, but really, Nature talks to us in many ways. Sometimes, plain, simple, and direct, other times, subtle, mysterious, but yes, Nature does talk to us, even in silence, especially in silence, first and foremost, in Silence... That's why we have to listen. Silence, whispers, they're hard to hear, especially in a loud noisy world! Perhaps, my being simply happy today helped me to hear and watch Nature more clearly.

As always, a Starbuck's tall, non-fat hot chocolate, no whipped cream, is the cherry on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment